The multi-sport Competition Introduction Web Based Home Study program is designed as an alternative to the classroom based courses. This delivery mode gives coaches the flexibility to complete their workbook online. It also gives coaches the opportunity to complete their required coaching modules regardless of geographic location in the province.
Coaches who wish to take their modules using the Web Based Home Study must follow the following instructions.
- Download and complete the application and mail in along with the appropriate fee.
- Once we have received the application and payment you will be e-mailed a username and password to access the on line resources.
- You will be assigned a Learning Facilitator (LF) to assist you with the web-based course.The LF is there to answer any questions you might have as you complete the work. The same LF will correct your workbook.
- You will have one month from the date you receive the username and password to complete and submit your workbook for correction.
NOTE: Microsoft Word is required to open Web-based module materials. If you do not have Word, you may want to download Open office (free open source software), or any other software that will open Word documents.
Web-based Home Study is avaialble for all six Introduction to Competition Modules
- Planning a practice
- Making Ethical Decisions
- Basic Mental Skills
- Planning a basic sport program
- Teaching and learning
Cost to Coaches Each Module $30.00
Materials include: Workbook and reference manuals for registered module (s)
If you have any questions about the Web Based Home Study program please contact:
Department of Health and Wellness
Physical Activity, Sport and Recreation
By Phone (902) 424-7960